Monday, July 4, 2011

Decorative boxes to stuff ugly objects in


I personally have in my room, all kinds of horrific looking objects that would look like clutter if I just put them all on a shelf. Binoculars, cables to connect MP3-players to laptops, backup adaptors, cell phone chargers of phones I don't have anymore, broken portable CD-players I think one day will work again, WIRES I DON'T EVEN KNOW, so I like to buy pretty looking boxes to stuff all of that into so nobody can suspect how messy I am.
The boxes in this room of my dollhouse are so easy to make I could make a 100 if I didn't have other things to do like walking the dogs or sunbathing. All you need is thin cardboard (Kellogg's cereal box kind of thin), pretty paper to wrap around it, tape and glue. And scissors. And a table. And a chair. And a .. house. Stop.


Both the lid and the box were drawn on the cardboard in the same way, and the grey side of the cardboard is the one I purposely bent on the inside of the box so when you look inside it looks like a real one still. The box I made was 2,5 cm x 1,5 cm and 1,5 cm high. For the lid you add about 2 mm to make sure it can embrace the box flawlessly. I taped the sides of the box, because I was going to wrap pretty paper over the outside anyway so it wouldn't be visible.


Make sure you gum out the pencil lines before glueing!!

TADAAAH!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! my Wee people would love some of these to hide things in their NONE messy rooms too, uuhummm.

    Do you have a pattern for these?

    Leilani

    ReplyDelete