Thursday, July 7, 2011

Linnen cupboard


 

I bet you're thinking oh my god what I can't make this, but the truth is, you can, because it REALLY wasn't   hard. I made this in one hour and I have no more fine skills than an unemployed plumber!

 

The back of the cupboard is the white foam cardboard, since it will be invisible, no need to use balsa for it. The two side panels are glued to the foam cardboard back panel.
Back panel: 10 x 9 cm
Side panels: 10 x 3 cm


These are the legs of the cupboard, they add 2 cm to the height of the cupboard which is why the back panel is only 10 cm. I cut out the little 'feet' to give the whole thing a little 'country' look my mom likes.
Legs front and back: 2 x 9 cm
Legs on the sides: 2 x 3 cm


I added the bottom (invisible = foam cardboard) and the top and some shelves.
Bottom: 10 x 3 cm
Top: 10,5 x 3,5 cm
Shelves: 8,8 x 2,5 cm

These are the doors. They are 4,5 x 10 cm and on the right one I added a 0,5 x 10 cm balsa bar on top to be able to "close" the cupboard properly. The moldings were balsa bars of 0,5 cm wide and the middle panels on top are 7,5 x 2 cm.



Next I glued the 'feet' of the cupboard on the bottom, look how great it looks!



The hinges are really just thin cardboard rectangles glued on the sides of the cupboard and to the doors, nobody is going to see them anyway! I intend to paint them black just in case, but really the point is just leaving the door slightly opened so you can see the linnen neatly folded in the cupboard! You can also wax or varnish the cupboard in a darker shade, and give it a worn off look.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment